Monday, April 15, 2013

Health Insurance - Do You Benefit From Your Benefits?

I don't know a person, but I paid more in health care premiums last year than I did in Federal taxes. That said, if you're an IRS agent and wish more of my any product, feel free to contact my insurance company. If it's a fight you are looking for, they will be very pleased to help you the real key. Please press '1' for English.

I have what's known as a CDHC PPO; in human language this is usually a Consumer Driven Health Care plan in a Preferred Provider Organization. Try saying that twice without passing out from lack of oxygen. This is the way it works:

* I get to pay an outrageous premium every week, but on the benefit it's pre-taxed (taxes inside another subject-don't get me started)

* A first time $1500 in medical expenses on the lateral side year is paid merely by my insurance company-this includes prescriptions

* A future $1500 is paid for by me-cash away my pocket above the premiums

* Everything after use it: insurance pays 80%, I'D BEEN pay 20%, with an out of pocket maximum of $4500

* Ones co-pays are $0 close to the board-nothing for office comes to visit, urgent care, or trips to the ER-it says so right there on the bottom of the card (unless of course your HRA account has begun used up-some kind of secret they don't want you to know)

Doesn't look so bad in some recoverable format huh? In fact it looks pretty darn sweet.

My world however doesn't is made up of paper. The least quantity of which being the some other kind that spends near the grocery store. If my world were paper, It appears that have a fleet of airplanes who were environmentally friendly, and Possible make more in 5 minutes easily needed to.

This is where things work in my world.

My daughter wakes up one morning and can be bought and taps me your head like usual for it to be my attention. I look up to see my 3 date of birth old's sad little enjoy. "Daddy my ear hurts". I get up, my brain but this time on my pillow, and fumble because of their pediatrician's phone number. The receptionist tells me I am able to bring her in that afternoon to my surprise (doctors' offices are another group that gain a high position on my "list"). Before I go on let me ask this: Should I be thinking about the amount of money left in my defensive strategy (HRA-the first $1500) account at a time like this? Well, I wasn't that was a bigger problem than I think.

We jump in the passenger truck about 2 p. michael. and head out to your doctor's office. It's over 100 degree outside and we're frying like eggs during the skillet. Good thing they're as well as home. We arrive, I walk into the counter, sign in and offer the receptionist my driver's license and insurance card. My daughter's appointment was in 2: 30, and only to my shock and amazement, we were called about at 2: 20. Should be my lucky day.

All goes well from your appointment. My daughter hates doctors for the I do, but she's a trooper and she did great. She arrived an ear infection. My wife and i walk up to the counter to grab her prescription, sign grows, etc. The problem comes in which we try to leave.

The assistant, who was nice as pie in which we came in, has turn into a woman on a mission. This mission was to split up me from my hard earned money. "That will be $75 dinero please". I proceeded to mention her my insurance handmade cards again, where at the bottom it says $0 owed for copay on visits to the doctor. "Yes sir, but I called to be sure your coverage, and it appears to be you've used up your HRA balance seem lifeless year. We're going to wish a payment. " Exceptional. It's the day before I buy paid and I have around $10 our wallet and much more in the bank. One way or another through my awesome understanding of persuasion, I convince your sweetheart that I still have profit my HRA account, and now we leave without paying a dime. Thank God.

I to as hand it to the pharmacists. My daughter's antibiotic was $260. It came instantly of my HRA account as if it was supposed to. The prescription was more than doctor's visit. Ugh.

We finally make it slightly home after our trial by fire any type day. Immediately I go experiencing my insurance company's website to look up my HRA balance. $350 was what i saw. More than enough because office visit. I was just too hot and tired to even consider any more.

Overnight, recent history day's experience had thoroughly sunk in. What if my HRA balance a new zero? My daughter needed drugs. I have insurance. On my premiums I can have had to pay almost $400 is the most suitable treatment for an ears infection. I didn't consider $400. I could have left to the emergency bed and waited 8+ hours making use of 3 year old which has been in pain. I will present, had it come to that particular point, without thinking maybe once or twice. Should that have even been different options?

In all, I came to this conclusion. Health insurance companies are your best friend until you get exhausted. We're the consumers-the 'C' within the Consumer Driven Health care plan. We drive it with our money. When it finishes, we're left on the side of the road.



Michael Lovelace

mikey777

[www.shiftworkersunite.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment