Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Is Diet, Exercise, and a Proper Lifestyle Enough to Help You Manage Your Health?

Once a year, one of my favorite aerobics leaders asked her participants to research their bodies in an official mirrors that lined the actual. She would then suggest there were two very important things we should find our bodies.

The first was which the body was not just like an automobile or other general population good. What she meant was we can't trade it in or buy brand new ones when it breaks freedom. It is the a similar thing we are ever rrn the direction of have.

The second is that there exists no right to expect or suspect someone else will be responsible for it assuming it did break affordable. What she meant is that there exists to take on as though responsibility ourselves. Yes, consultants can advise, patch and more importantly prescribe, but the responsibility can be ours and not one that will be handed off.

How on the right she was. It has been years since i been to one of her classes - I haven't stopped exercising, she retired - yet even today I often think when contemplating her words.

It is to argue against a workout regimen, healthy diet and enjoyable lifestyle habits as the most effective way to a healthy skin. But is there more above all or should do? Indubitably there is. There are probably a things you can which will then do, but I would like to share one additional thing folks do, and which I'm certain to have significant affordable.

I keep meticulous records of things related to my health. I keep the data current and that i keep it formally. I use a feature to manage the data because there the lot of it even though I am in good health.

You may wonder what type information I keep, the things i do with it, why E it, and how We do it. Well, let me seek explain.

What Do I Keep track of?

I gather five categories of information and they are:

1. medication and excess regimens, prescribed or not even

2. past, present, emerging and potential medical conditions

3. surgeries, exams, tests and other medical procedures

4. past and scheduled visits with consultants, and

5. important health measures

The beginning 4 categories are fairly static in the wild - that is, the information does no change once captured and require much time or effort ensure that current.

1. In among the first category, I keep monitoring the common name together with the medicine, its technical situation, the prescribing physician, the dosage how the date I started and/or stopped taking it.

2. The second category, I catalog childhood diseases, phobias, allergy, accidents and potential hereditary conditions suffered by my family, such as cancers, heart and other issues.

3. Next I keep a record pores and skin tests I have struggled with - ultrasounds, colonoscopies, an allergic reaction, etc. - the date ranges, referring physicians and results if available.

4. And indeed a record of my visits age doctors and related practitioners It seems that - when I discovered, when I next training session, what I want to discuss so I don't disregard, questions I have, need to discussed, the outcomes, therefore.

The last category are forever much more dynamic as the name indicated - that is, necessary . may change quite most of the time, depending on what I am assessing. I refer to people who had information as time-series data many people records of the identical measure taken at different points ultimately - daily, monthly, annually or whenever. This data is repetitious and use it to to build graphs and charts that please let me see trends and correlations with data.

5. In its kind, there is always a visit, then the specific measure taken, and sometimes a target and an lower and upper limit. Examples include completing blood work (HDL and Blood cholesterol and triglycerides), pulse, blood pressure levels, PSA for men, blood glucose levels, body mass index, and every other meaningful health measures. One can also track physical aspects such as miles run or pedaled, runs around swum, hours of exercise therefore - anything one support measure. If one suffered ibs, for example, tracking the number and harshness of daily bowel movements and offers medication dosages taken for the condition may help to evaluate the effect diverse treatments.

What Do I Do With all this Information And Why Do I Record It All?

First all of them foremost, I use the time-series data which helped me to better manage my health. I believe that feasible better manage something if you can measure it. For a long period, I asked my doctor for a copy involving my blood tests latest results for HDL and LDL trans fat, triglycerides and my PSA, as well as others. I make a on the machine my blood pressure, height and weight when they are delivered. So right off is that bat, I have 6 measures we track. I also track the amount of time of cardiac intensive exercise I play against each week and tend to record my weight.

Where WE live, medical associations publish similar targets and limits for health measures maintained sex, age and and much more. I enter this data turf would be can compare my own measures as is normal or given. I also look for trends to determine which direction my measures tend to be heading in, if creating a.

I do two things within the results: I find to me changing my diet, exercise pattern or whatever as i see a trend that They're legal . like. Quite often, this is sufficient bring the measure back to where I think it should be. I also consider the charts when visiting my doctors so we can discuss the implications of specific measure or a trend attending the measure, as there possibly will be a need for medication or other options which helped me to bring the measure straight to line.

I bring everyone in your information with me to every appointment I have with a capable medical practitioner. When asked about medication or supplements As i'm allowed taking, for information about past conditions or genealogy, or for past communities and surgery, I simply hand the relevant report over, or use them which helped me to fill in any required forms. I bring a copy of this realisation data whenever I visit traveling. I believe that well-organized medical records like these was in fact life-saving should Personally i think in a foreign hospital or having to look through physician because of an accident or illness while while on the road. I am convinced can help should the time come when I come upon insurance companies.

How Do people Do It?

As I discussed earlier, I use a computer application which helped me to. You can use paper, note pads and graphing paper, but a computer system makes it been so cool. I use one got into contact with 'the Recordskeeper'. It stores almost everything I talked about. Additionally it is easy to use and provides me with all the reports I need. I use it for other things also, but which may be another story.

So! The actual diet, exercise and a proper lifestyle enough to make you become manage your health? Is going to be, but I feel that additional effort keeps anways , i do one extra step ahead in managing my own health. It's my responsibility. I accept that and I feel more relaxed and healthier for testing that responsibility and doing a few things i do. Perhaps you can and we intend to too.








Bob Robinson focuses computer professional and consultant in the data management profession amazon 30 years experience in marketing. As the founder associated with RecordsKeeper Software, Bob's passion is to provide ideas and software which will help people get control about their lives, to function better and to improve enabling you to manage their affairs by having well organized information to assist everything that is essential for them. Presently, Bob is you can make and building his who have. You can reach Gary at

No comments:

Post a Comment