Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Health Care - Taking Charge and Making it Affordable

A friend forwarded me a note with amusing cartoons relating to the "Golden Years" and appended at the end of all the email was the following poem (author unknown):

A cable of bottles on this particular shelf, Caused me to examine myself.

One yellow pill I must pop, Goes to my heart so it won't stop.

A little white that I take, Goes to my hands so they won't shake.

The blue ones i always use a lot, Inform me I'm happy when I'm not.

The purple pill stays in my brain, And speaks that I have no pain.

The capsules tell me to not wheeze, Or cough or choke or sneeze..

The red forms, smallest of them these individuals, Go to my blood so i won't fall.

The fruit ones, very big which bright, Prevent my leg cramps at night.

Such an array men and women brilliant pills, Helping to cure an amazing amount of ills.

But what I would prefer to know, Is what tells each one which place to go!

Funny and yet scary thoughts inspite of. I certainly don't wish to be popping these types of pills just to continue on.

As medical advances attain all kinds of prescription medications and medication which permits us to live longer, the question we each one is forced to face is actually the ends justify the opportunity. How much of a problem are we leaving to a new one generation as the the cost health care sky-rockets and tax the Medicare in Medicaid systems?

As the states push forward to adopt more universal health coverage, it is inevitable that how much care will drop rewards unless the government might be able to fund the added premium. It is like a triangle with one of its angles representing "Scope", whenever angle representing "Quality of Care" combined with the third angle representing "Costs". By expanding the "Scope" angle to bring more people into medical care system, the "Quality the particular Care" angle will tighten, unless, of course the "Costs" angle is expanded inspite of.

In order to offer the costs down so that more people can usually benefit from the universal health coverage without an increased tax burden forwards everyone, Americans will have to understand how to take proper care of themselves. It is not hopeless task - a popular Tv show has demonstrated around the globe that it is seems that even the grossly obese for weight loss and become healthy enough to experience off their blood demand, diabetic and other remedies.

Millions of dollars are spent per annum to encourage smokers to give up and to dissuade individuals from taking up the habit of smoking. What we need would be a similar push to get people from them couches and to take a crack at exercising and to burn eating habits that are bad for their long term ethics. Schools should have necessary "healthy living" classes and so the next generation grows up armed within the knowledge they need to get around poor eating habits and bad diets. Parents can set the example in the children to follow by adopting a much more active lifestyle, getting their kids away from computers and on-line computer games and onto the from fields, or their mountain bikes or scooters, and onto the path of a better and wholesome life.

Despite the predominantly vocal objections, cities have successfully banned smoking in public places, pubs and restaurants, which an unhealthy public is usually a drain on the cities' overall wedding budget. They need to include similarly drastic actions to force restaurants to serve healthier food whenever the city authorities themselves prior to beginning more parks, facilities and occasions in the residents to get going. To fund these unknown healthy-living programs, they should utilize a "Fat Tax" and make it all applicable across the board for individuals sales of food / drinks though high in empty high levels of and fat.

Lifestyle changes are the hardest but the best ways to trim health-care cost.



About the Novelist:

I grew up in Kuala lumpur, Malaysia and relocated at my work, first to Hong Kong when I lived for nine years in order to the US where I have been living since 1993. I've traveled to many places everyplace in (I've used up six passports which is on my seventh) and inspite of the opportunities I've had in recent years have been limited, I am still excited about the adventure of vehicles, of discovery, and, the main thing, encounters with different people down in a places. Some of those encounters were brief but a majority of have resulted in friendships for you to aid last a lifetime. I've had the fortune of employing multinational corporations, internet/technology online companies, investment banks and, first, for myself - for my continuing development and personal growth. I've yet to help you that 'calling' but with each step I take, I'm hoping I am getting deeper.

To read more in order to my blogs, please visit: wordswitandwisdom. blogspot. com wordswitandwisdom. blogspot. com/

No comments:

Post a Comment